Installation difficulties

Knox, Bill wknox at mitre.org
Thu Dec 20 02:23:02 EST 2007

Your best bet is to just install the OpenSSH version that comes with
Cygwin instead of trying to build it yourself - the maintainers of that
package are very good about keeping it up to date with the latest
portable release. And in case you ever need to post to the Cygwin list,
Cygwin is "an emulation layer providing substantial POSIX system call
functionality" which provides "a Linux-like environment for Windows" -
it ain't Linux or a Linux emulator, and calling it that tends to get
you chewed out by some other people on the Cygwin list.

                  Bill Knox
                  Lead Infosec Engineer/Scientist
                  The MITRE Corporation