GSSAPIDelegateCredentials fails with a segfault

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed May 2 17:14:44 EST 2007

Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> On 1 May 2007, at 11:23, Johan Andersson wrote:
[...]

BTW only one of "dev" or "lib" is actually needed in the chroot.  I think it's
"lib" but I'm not 100% sure.

>> But this raises a new problem: The ticket cache /tmp/krb5cc_xxxxxx is
>> owned by root and not by the user, so klist fails with a "Permission
>> denied". Any idea about this?
>
> This would suggest that the seteuid is failing. The credentials storage
> routine is always called as:
>
>                         temporarily_use_uid(pw);
>                         ssh_gssapi_storecreds();
>                         restore_uid();
>
> I'm not sure why this would be failing without calling fatal(), however,
> unless you're seeing more glibc related damage? Darren?

I can't think of any way that could happen.  Maybe if getpwuid() or getpwnam()
returned bogus info, but that would be a pretty unusual failure mode.

Perhaps the debug output from the server (/path/to/sshd -ddd) would provide some
insight as to what the server's actually doing.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.