undocumented scp server-side arguments -dft

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Wed Nov 28 04:12:13 EST 2007

Pekka Savola wrote:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
> > That's because they're internal parts of the scp protocol.
>
> And that's why those need not be documented them because...?

Usually undocumented server side options are not for command line use
by users.  That is the reason they are undocumented.  It does not
prevent someone from finding out about them and using them anyway but
it does discourage it.

> End users use these options.

End users probably should not be using undocumented options.  Using
undocumented options should be an alarm that something is wrong.  It
is better to use the documented interface.

I don't know why you are wishing to use those options but I am sure
that better and more standard ways exist to accomplish the task
without using undocumented options.

Bob