scp -t . - possible idea for additional parameter

Jefferson Ogata Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 12 04:47:13 EST 2007

On 2007-10-11 18:01, Larry Becke wrote:
> Look, I'm tired of arguing my reasons.  Let's just agree to disagree on my reasoning.

That agreement is implicit. :^)

> Answer the question.
> Can this be done?

Theoretically. See my previous message.

> Is it so terribly hard to add the feature?

It's not easy. See my previous message, and do a little research on path
canonicalization and past directory traversal vulnerabilities in, e.g.
IIS and Apache, to understand this better.

> Will it hurt anything to add the feature?

If it isn't done 100% correctly, yes. See my previous message.

> I'd be happy to discuss offline the reasoning behind my request.
> It's valid, and if you'd bother to keep an open mind, you might actually understand where I'm coming from.

I think we're way ahead of where you're coming from, which is why I
asked, "Have you tried WebDAV over SSL?"

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt at noaa.gov>