OpenSSH PKCS#11merge

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:42:09 EST 2007

On 10/14/07, Peter Stuge <stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 06:13:22PM +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> > I will be happy to continue working with you on this one... I hope
> > you did not give up :)
>
> Not given up, just no free time. Your previous message is still in my
> inbox, waiting for a reply. :\

Oh!
That's good.

> > The major issue I need to know:
> > a. Do you think the agent protocol should be modified, as per my
> > explanation?
>
> Short answer: No

Well... I will wait for your long answer, as this is the most
important issue and we need to make sure we understand how to
continue...

> > c. Do you think the utility that shows available PKCS#11 ids be
> > part of ssh-add or separate utility?
>
> Hm, maybe separate? But I read between the lines that you weren't
> planning on implementing p11 support in ssh without the agent?

I haven't done this because it is harder to maintain an external patch
with too much upstream modifications. If we going to merge it should
agentless mode should also be supported (The same as current OpenSC
specific implementation).

> > d. I need allocation of options (short parameter names) for PKCS#11
> > options.
>
> This is another good reason to investigate upstream attitude towards
> p11. After all, portable OpenSSH is just a derivative.

OK. I will wait for a reply regarding this.

I will have some more patience... :)

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.