OpenSSH PKCS#11merge

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Sun Oct 14 13:55:28 EST 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 06:13:22PM +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> I will be happy to continue working with you on this one... I hope
> you did not give up :)

Not given up, just no free time. Your previous message is still in my
inbox, waiting for a reply. :\

> The major issue I need to know:
> a. Do you think the agent protocol should be modified, as per my
> explanation?

Short answer: No

> b. Do you think the ssh-agent may read ssh_config file for options?

Short answer: No

> c. Do you think the utility that shows available PKCS#11 ids be
> part of ssh-add or separate utility?

Hm, maybe separate? But I read between the lines that you weren't
planning on implementing p11 support in ssh without the agent?

> d. I need allocation of options (short parameter names) for PKCS#11
> options.

This is another good reason to investigate upstream attitude towards
p11. After all, portable OpenSSH is just a derivative.

//Peter