Openssh4.6p1 Make tests failed in sftp

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 6 09:28:56 EST 2007

John Wong wrote:
> After configuring and compiling OpenSSH version 4.6p1 in my SUN Solaris8
> ultrasparc machine, I run "make tests" and got the following errors. The
> compiler used is GCC3.3.

4.7p1 was just released in the last day or so.  Could you please repeat
the tests with that version?  I test on Solaris 8/sparc regularly so
there's no fundamental reason why it shouldn't work.

> I do not get these errors when running "make tests" with OpenSSH version
> 4.3p2 in the same machine.
>
> When I installed the 4.6p1 package to my machine and test sftp from a
> client, I got the following log messages in the authlog:
>
> Sep  5 17:09:51 wcarsx0h sshd[23483]: subsystem request for sftp
> Sep  5 17:09:56 wcarsx0h sftp-server[23840]: error: process_write: write
> failed
> Sep  5 17:09:56 wcarsx0h sshd[23483]: error: channel 0: chan_read_failed
> for ist

These are spurious and can be ignored.  They are fixed in 4.7p1.

> Further debugging on process_write of sftp-server.c, I found that the
> errno returned from the "write" function is always "File too large" no
> matter what is the size of the file. I appreciate your help to further
> investigate the possible casue of the problem.

I'm wondering if configure some how got something like large file
support wrong... Could you please post the content of config.h (eg "grep
'#define' config.h" to strip out the comments and blanks).  Also, what
CFLAGS are set in the Makefile?

Thanks.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)