OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 8 01:27:29 EST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:30:55AM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> OpenSSH 5.1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release is one of
> the biggest in recent years, with two hackathons' worth of improvements
> and fixes for some of our most recalcitrant bugs.

NetBSD 3.1 on Sparc64, CVS snapshot from "earlier today", has some
funnies in the test suite.

This test was run as non-root, but root makes no difference, the errors
are the same.

Here's the output of "make test" from the point where the errors start:

(cd openbsd-compat && make)
run test forwarding.sh ...
ok local and remote forwarding
run test multiplex.sh ...
test connection multiplexing: envpass
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
environment not found
test connection multiplexing: transfer
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
cmp: EOF on /home/gert/src/openssh_cvs/regress/ls.copy
ssh -Sctl: corrupted copy of /bin/ls
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
cmp: EOF on /home/gert/src/openssh_cvs/regress/ls.copy
ssh -S ctl: corrupted copy of /bin/ls
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
sftp: failed copy /bin/ls
cmp: /home/gert/src/openssh_cvs/regress/ls.copy: No such file or directory
sftp: corrupted copy of /bin/ls
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
scp: failed copy /bin/ls
cmp: /home/gert/src/openssh_cvs/regress/ls.copy: No such file or directory
scp: corrupted copy of /bin/ls
test connection multiplexing: status 0
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code mismatch for protocol : 255 != 0
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol : 255 != 0
test connection multiplexing: status 1
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code mismatch for protocol : 255 != 1
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol : 255 != 1
test connection multiplexing: status 4
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code mismatch for protocol : 255 != 4
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol : 255 != 4
test connection multiplexing: status 5
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code mismatch for protocol : 255 != 5
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol : 255 != 5
test connection multiplexing: status 44
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code mismatch for protocol : 255 != 44
mm_send_fd: sendmsg(0): Invalid argument
muxclient: send fds failed
Falling back to non-multiplexed connection
mm_receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
muxserver_accept_control: failed to receive fd 0 from slave
ssh: Could not resolve hostname otherhost: No address associated with hostname
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol : 255 != 44
Master running (pid=16839)
Exit request sent.
failed connection multiplexing
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /home/gert/src/openssh_cvs/regress
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /home/gert/src/openssh_cvs

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de