OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Jul 9 00:29:55 EST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Niall Sheridan wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:49, Niall Sheridan <nsheridan at google.com> wrote:
> > On Ubuntu 6.06 (i386, 2.6.16-xen, gcc 4.0.3) I get the following:
> > run test login-timeout.sh ...
> > ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 4242: Connection refused
> > ssh connect after login grace timeout failed without privsep
> > failed connect after login grace timeout
> > make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openssh/regress'
> > make: *** [tests] Error 2
>
> Tried on two different 6.06 machines - one xen, one real. On the real
> machine, all tests passed. On the xen machine, the tests failed with
> the above error.

I really should write up a "debugging failing regress test" doc, because
somehow I manage to forget how to extract proper debugging immediately
after each time I do it. I think you do something like:

env TEST_SSH_LOGFILE=/path/to/log \
    TEST_SSH_SSHD_CONFOPTS=LogLevel=debug3 \
    TEST_SSH_SSH_CONFOPTS=LogLevel=debug3 make tests

Hopefully that will give some details on what broke.

-d