OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 03:20:49 EST 2008

On Jul  7 09:30, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 5.1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release is one of

Runs basically fine on Cygwin 1.5.25.  I have a bit of trouble under
Cygwin 1.7.0 related to IPv6 (which is new in 1.7.0) which requires some
debugging.  I can't connect to the 5.1 sshd using IPv6. With full
debugging on, the connection stops at

  debug1: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.

on the server side and

  debug1: identity file /home/corinna/.ssh/id_rsa type 1

on the client side.  IPv6 connections works fine with ssh and sshd from
5.0p1.  Does anybody have an idea what could have changed so that the
identification string exchange just hangs with v6?  I'm not quite sure
yet how to debug this...

Other than that:

- session.c, line 427:

    #define USE_PIPES

  Is that planned or just left over fomr some test?

- The following testcases fail on Cygwin 1.5.25:

  - addrmatch.sh  tries to run IPv6 tests even though IPv6 is not
                  available.

  - sftp-glob.sh  tries to match filenames with characters not
                  allowed in filenames on Windows filesystems ("*", "\\").

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader