OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 22:41:39 EST 2008

On Jul  7 19:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul  7 09:30, Damien Miller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > OpenSSH 5.1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> > on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release is one of
>
> Runs basically fine on Cygwin 1.5.25.  I have a bit of trouble under
> Cygwin 1.7.0 related to IPv6 (which is new in 1.7.0) which requires some
> debugging.  I can't connect to the 5.1 sshd using IPv6. With full
> debugging on, the connection stops at
>
>   debug1: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
>
> on the server side and
>
>   debug1: identity file /home/corinna/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
>
> on the client side.  IPv6 connections works fine with ssh and sshd from
> 5.0p1.  Does anybody have an idea what could have changed so that the

Nothing to worry about.  As it turned out I used a not IPv6-enabled
version of tcp_wrappers.  Updating to the latest IPv6-enabled
tcp_wrappers fixed this issue.

Important side-effect:  This new OpenSSH release also uncovered two bugs
in my IPv6 implementation in Cygwin 1.7.  I'm about to fix them.

> Other than that:
>
> - session.c, line 427:
>
>     #define USE_PIPES
>
>   Is that planned or just left over fomr some test?

s/fomr/from/

> - The following testcases fail on Cygwin 1.5.25:
>
>   - addrmatch.sh  tries to run IPv6 tests even though IPv6 is not
>                   available.
>
>   - sftp-glob.sh  tries to match filenames with characters not
>                   allowed in filenames on Windows filesystems ("*", "\\").

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader