OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Jul 9 00:18:18 EST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Other than that:
>
> - session.c, line 427:
>
>     #define USE_PIPES
>
>   Is that planned or just left over fomr some test?

No, that is planned. We now unconditionally use pipes for communicating
with the session subprocesses because they seem to give better semantics
for half-closed channels (cf. https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/b/85).

> - The following testcases fail on Cygwin 1.5.25:
>
>   - addrmatch.sh  tries to run IPv6 tests even though IPv6 is not
>                   available.

I'm not sure of a good way to determine at runtime whether IPv6 is
available on a platform. Perhaps these tests should be disabled in
portable or made non-fatal.

>   - sftp-glob.sh  tries to match filenames with characters not
>                   allowed in filenames on Windows filesystems ("*", "\\").

These should be special-cased for Windows.

-d