Openssh for Windows

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Tue Jul 29 01:08:17 EST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:01:51AM -0400, Patel Dippen-CDP054 wrote:
.. Cygwin / VanDyke

> Could I use either of these on high security/ mission critical systems?

One advantage for the open source alternative is that you are able to
find the answer for this question out for yourself, rather than
having to rely on what a vendor tells you.

> I have Windows Services running on different Windows machines and
> they talk to each other. I need to protect the communication
> between these 2 services.

As others mentioned, an actual VPN product is much more suitable for
this task. I recommend the open source product OpenVPN which runs
very well also on Windows. Please see http://openvpn.net/

//Peter