Openssh for Windows

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 01:34:34 EST 2008

On Jul 28 11:08, Patel Dippen-CDP054 wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Agree. Our proposal is to use SSL natively (IPSec creates other problems
> for us). However, I have to provde some analysis on why SSH is not
> suitable. Believe the lack of a openware, stable and secured SSH server
> for Windows itself suffices.

Cygwin uses global shared memory for sharing not very security relevant
stuff.  Otherwise all datastructures are secured by security descriptors
which only the user, administrative accounts and the system itself can
access.

However, it looks like you're just looking for an excuse not to use
OpenSSH on Windows anyway, so, never mind.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader