Openssh for Windows

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Jul 29 17:12:12 EST 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 28 16:33, Harald Dunkel wrote:
>> You might want to consider to use Microsoft's Services For Unix.
>> A nice OpenSSH implementation (client and server, including
>> public-key authentications!) is provided by Interopsystems. Some
>
> Cygwin supports pubkey since at least OpenSSH 2.1.0p3, back in 2000.

Surely I don't want to goof on Cygwin, but you mean you can
login via ssh on a remote Windows XP host without being asked
for a password? Within an LDAP environment, including your
home directory on a remote network drive?

Maybe I missed some trick hidden too deep in the documentation,
but I never made this work with Cygwin's ssh (in 2006). AFAICR
sshd was not running with the appropriate rights to read the
user's .ssh directory on a remote share, and there was no "regpwd"
tool as there is for Interix.

Regards

Harri