Problem in RSA Key authentication

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Jun 10 00:19:01 EST 2008

kannappan wrote:
> Hello Damien,
>
> I am using OpenSSH-5.0 on my ARM board.  I want to perform RSA
> authentication, but server is not accepting the key generated by the
> client. I have copied the authorized_keys in the "$HOME/.ssh/" folder
> and provided permission (755) to that folder.  Please help me how to
> solve this problem.
>
> Following is the log from the client

The log that is likely to have useful information is on the server.  Try
  running sshd in debug mode (eg "/path/to/sshd -ddd -p 222" and point
your client at port 222).

The usual cause of pubkey not being accepted is the permissions of the
.ssh/ directory (which you mention you have checked) and the permissions
of the user's home directory (which you didn't mention).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.