Portforwarding using the control master.

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Fri Jun 20 00:02:33 EST 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, dvorak wrote:
> currently I am considering writing a patch for OpenSSH that will allow
> portforwarding using the control_master unix domain socket. The idea is
> to introduce an extra SSHMUX command, SSHMUX_COMMAND_SOCKS, which will
> then pass control to the normal socks functions used for dynamic
> forwarding.

Will this allow me to do the folowing:

	# open an ssh master connection, without port forwarding
	ssh -oControlPath=foo -oControlMaster=yes -N -f user at host
	# forward a port over the already-open master connection
	ssh -oControlPath=foo -oControlMaster=yes -N -f \
		-L 25:localhost:25 user at host

--apb (Alan Barrett)