Portforwarding using the control master.

dvorak dvorak at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 20 00:13:15 EST 2008

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, dvorak wrote:
> > currently I am considering writing a patch for OpenSSH that will allow
> > portforwarding using the control_master unix domain socket. The idea is
> > to introduce an extra SSHMUX command, SSHMUX_COMMAND_SOCKS, which will
> > then pass control to the normal socks functions used for dynamic
> > forwarding.
>
> Will this allow me to do the folowing:
>
> 	# open an ssh master connection, without port forwarding
> 	ssh -oControlPath=foo -oControlMaster=yes -N -f user at host
> 	# forward a port over the already-open master connection
> 	ssh -oControlPath=foo -oControlMaster=yes -N -f \
> 		-L 25:localhost:25 user at host
>
> --apb (Alan Barrett)
That was not my intended usage, and would require a quite different
patch. Something like:
http://fixunix.com/openssh/175979-patch-controlling-remote-port-forwarding-over-control-path.html

The patch would basicly open up a dynamic forward port over the control
socket instead of having a listening socks proxy.

Dvorak.