ssh works, but sftp doesn't
kannappan at tesbv.com
Sat May 10 17:17:33 EST 2008
It worked with the openssh-5.0p1, with "internal-sftp" in sshd_config.
Thanks for the support.
From: Damien Miller [mailto:djm at mindrot.org]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 7:43 PM
Cc: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
Subject: RE: ssh works, but sftp doesn't
On Fri, 9 May 2008, kannappan wrote:
> Hi Damien,
> Yeap. I am able to execute that command(sftp -P /usr/sbin/sftp-server
> 10.20.0.183) for any users.
Sorry, I don't have any idea what is going wrong. Some more things
for you to try:
1. Run sftp server directly from a ssh client, what happends?
ssh yourhost /usr/sbin/sftp-server
2. Change the SubSystem declaration in the server to point to a
different program instead of /usr/sbin/sftp-server and repeat
test #1 - does this work?
3. Rebuild OpenSSH from pristine sources (making sure you are using the
latest version - 5.0). Does this help?
4. Rebuild sftp-server and insert a sleep() call at the start so you
can attach a debugger to it.
5. Try the new sshd_config "internal-sftp" subsystem (in openssh-5.0).
More information about the openssh-unix-dev