ssh porting

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Fri May 23 21:29:51 EST 2008

Hi again Swetha.

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:43:34PM -0700, Swetha Goshal wrote:
>    I am swetha doing final btech.

Oh, it's a school project.

> i want to do project regarding ssh.I want to port this openssh open
> source code to vxworks-6.4.

We wish you the best of luck.

> Is it possible to port it to vxworks-6.4?

Yes, but it is a very big project, since vxworks does not, as far as
I know, provide a POSIX-compliant or even POSIX-like environment.

> why becoz there is no support for ssh in vxworks-6.4.And also i got
> key files /etc/ssh/ in linux.how can i got such type of files in
> vxworks-6.4.

We do not know. You are introducing the vxworks idea, so this is just
one of a few hundred or so (my guess) questions that you will have to
find the answer to, in order to successfully make OpenSSH run on
vxworks.

> Please give me a suggestion regardind this.

I already did, in a previous message. Please look in the list archive
if you did not receive it.

Basically, look for another SSH implementation. OpenSSH is probably
not the best choice for SSH on vxworks.

//Peter