Issues on sshd host keys

Christian Pfaffel-Janser christian.pfaffel-janser at siemens.com
Fri Oct 10 19:03:20 EST 2008

Jesse Armand wrote:
> Thanks Chris,
>
> I already did that, I think the problem is with the filename parameter in:
>
> Key * key_load_private(const char *filename, const char *passphrase,
> char **commentp)
> {
> }
>
> This function returns NULL.
>
> I'm not sure why it's pointing to a null filename, as I don't change
> anything in the code.
>
> I only add a prefix to configure, even though I did this on iPhone, do
> you think this problem is related to platform differences ?

The filename is set prior to being passed to key_load_private(), or You
would not get the following error message:

Permissions 0140 for '(null)' are too open.
It is recommended that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.
bad permissions: ignore key: /path/to/ssh/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key

Is it possible that You tried to compile ssh, applied the patch and then
tried to recompile ssh without doing a make distclean?

Christian

--
Firma: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft