two pieces of ethernet card,ssh very slowly.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Oct 24 19:38:55 EST 2008

kk wrote:
> I login the server,then "ssh 192.168.1.9",is very slowly.why?
>
> I also find execute "route",
>  the last line (
> "default         192.168.2.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth1"
> ) appears after 17 seconds;very slowly too.

Your system is probably trying to look up host names in DNS.
Investigate the UseDNS setting in sshd_config on the server to
control this in sshd.

For route, try route -n

Also it does not make sense to have default router set to the local
IP address. If a system should not have a default route, it is best
to not set one.

//Peter