Coding help : Where to log X11 forwards?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Fri Feb 6 08:29:24 EST 2009

OpenSSH 5.1p1

I can't grasp why, when connecting with 'ssh -Y' to this
test host, I am not tickling the verbose() call below that
I have added.

I am logging as auth + verbose in sshd_config

The X11 forward for the session works fine as tested with
xterm.

At any rate, I am looking for some guidance on where
to log X11 forwards that are established, ideally with
a username and remote display information, but whatever
I can get, I'll take.

Any help would be great.

session.c:

             packet_check_eom();
             success = session_setup_x11fwd(s);
             if (!success) {
                 xfree(s->auth_proto);
                 xfree(s->auth_data);
                 s->auth_proto = NULL;
                 s->auth_data = NULL;
             } else {
                 verbose("jblaine testing : w00t? : %s", s->auth_display);
             }