Problems porting to an ARM platform

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon Oct 19 23:29:05 EST 2009

Christoph Baumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently I'm working on getting ssh and sshd running on an ARM
> platform. The OS is Linux 2.6.10 with busybox.
> I can run "ssh -v" to see the program version. But as soon as I try to
> connect to a server I get a segmentation fault (SIGSEGV). The sshd seems
> to work. Are there any known issues concerning ARM platforms?

None that I'm aware of.

> Or any hints about compiler options (GCC)?

What point in the connection does it crash at?  ("ssh -vvv server").
Can you run it under a debugger?  If so what does the backtrace say?

The first thing I'd check is that OpenSSL passes its self-test "make
tests" and/or compile it without assembler optimizations (./Configure
no-asm).  Failing that, I'd compile OpenSSL, zlib and OpenSSH without
compiler optimizations (gcc -O0).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.