Problems porting to an ARM platform

Christoph Baumann c.baumann at ppc-ag.de
Mon Oct 19 23:44:27 EST 2009

On 19.10.2009 14:29, Darren Tucker wrote:
> What point in the connection does it crash at?  ("ssh -vvv server"). Can
> you run it under a debugger?  If so what does the backtrace say?

"
$ ssh -vvv 192.168.2.10
OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.7j-dev XX xxx XXXX
SIGSEGV
"

I also tried the latest version of SSH with the same results.

> The first thing I'd check is that OpenSSL passes its self-test "make
> tests" and/or compile it without assembler optimizations (./Configure
> no-asm).  Failing that, I'd compile OpenSSL, zlib and OpenSSH without
> compiler optimizations (gcc -O0).

Well maybe it's OpenSSL. In all cases I used the same (binary) version
of it.

--

Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Baumann
Power PLUS Communications AG

phone: +49(621)40165-???
fax:   +49(621)40165-???
mailto://c.baumann@ppc-ag.de
http://www.ppc-ag.de

Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 8853
Sitz und Registergericht: Mannheim
Vorstand: Ingo Schönberg (Vorsitzender), Eugen Mayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates Univ.-Prof. Dr. Torsten Gerpott