Problems porting to an ARM platform

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Thu Oct 22 04:00:02 EST 2009

--On 21 October 2009 16:49:53 +0200 Christoph Baumann <c.baumann at ppc-ag.de>
wrote:

>>  - can you run ssh under a debugger?  if so what does the backtrace show?
>
> Currently I don't have a gdb suitable for running on the target (it uses
> the bflt executable format).

strace / ltrace might be your friends.

Crashes really early on are sometimes the result of a dynamically
linked library not loading. You might check using your preferred
library tool that the executable really is entirely static (as you
suggest that's all your platform supports). Sometimes configure
options don't do everything you expect them to (not a specific
reference to openssh).

You could also try compiling for the local platform with all the
same options except the arm specific ones and see if it crashes
in the same way.

--
Alex Bligh