Problems porting to an ARM platform

Christoph Baumann c.baumann at ppc-ag.de
Tue Oct 27 02:31:09 EST 2009

Hello all,

using 'debug3' for debugging I traced the problem to 'getenv'. This call
crashes on my platform. To avoid this I inserted a wrapper to getenv
that returns some default values for 'TERM' and 'SSH_AUTH_SOCK'. Now ssh
runs until the output:
"debug1: Sending environment."

Here again the environment variables are accessed. The parameter 'env'
of 'client_session2_setup' has the value 0x58585858, which looks like a
rather improbable value for a pointer.
Currently I try to track this further down.

Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Baumann
Power PLUS Communications AG
Am Exerzierplatz 2
68167 Mannheim
Germany

phone: +49(621)40165-???
fax:   +49(621)40165-???
mailto://c.baumann@ppc-ag.de
http://www.ppc-ag.de

Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 8853
Sitz und Registergericht: Mannheim
Vorstand: Ingo Schönberg (Vorsitzender), Eugen Mayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates Univ.-Prof. Dr. Torsten Gerpott

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL TRANSMISSION IS
CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY ALSO CONTAIN PRIVILEGED INFORMATION OR WORK
PRODUCT. THE INFORMATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY USE,
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL
TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY ERASE AND DELETE THE
ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM YOUR DATABASE