Problems using sftp on HMC IBM system

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Sep 23 08:10:14 EST 2009

Eduardo Otubo wrote:
> # override default of no subsystems
> Subsystem       sftp    /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server
> Banner /opt/hsc/data/ssh/ssh_banner
> LogLevel ERROR
>
> In the end of the configuration file, there is a Subsystem that
> points to a binary file that I could execute due to restrictions.

If this sentence refers to /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server then that
explains why you are unable to use sftp.

In order to use sftp, the user must have permission to execute
sftp-server as specified by the subsystem line, or the server
configuration must be changed, and /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server above
replaced with internal-sftp

//Peter