"../openbsd-compat/port-aix.h", line 92.44: 1506-046 (S) Syntax error. openssh-5.3p1 on aix 5.3

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Feb 19 11:57:30 EST 2010

phoebus phoebus wrote:
> The junk file is not in attachment because is too big.

Can you put it up someplace where we can look at it?  If nothing else
you could open a bug at bugzilla.mindrot.org and attach it (using
"create attachment").

Since port-aix.h includes "buffer.h" there should be something like this
in the preprocessed output:

typedef struct {
     u_char  *buf;           /* Buffer for data. */
     u_int    alloc;         /* Number of bytes allocated for data. */
     u_int    offset;        /* Offset of first byte containing data. */
     u_int    end;           /* Offset of last byte containing data. */
}       Buffer;

If that's not there then I don't understand why.  My (long shot) guess
is that there's a system header called "buffer.h" which the compiler is
finding in preference to the OpenSSH one.  You could try "find
/usr/include -name buffer.h" and if there is one, compare its contents
to the "junk" file created earlier and see if it's in there.

Another long shot: you could copy buffer.h into the openbsd-compat
directory and re-try "make".

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.