Outgoing IP of forwarded requests

k k isravibe at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 18:54:07 EST 2010

I have a linux server with 3 public IPs, and I use SSH tunnelling to connect to each of them.
Let's call them: 1.1.1.1 (venet0:0), 1.1.1.2 (venet0:1), 1.1.1.3 (venet0:2).

When I tunnel using 1.1.1.1, outgoing IP for the public is: 1.1.1.1.
But when I tunnel using 1.1.1.2 or 1.1.1.3, the outgoing IP for the public is still 1.1.1.1.

I've been googling for days, and tried relevant channels on freenode. I tried to read the manual but I'm not experienced enough to fully grasp it.

According to the manuals of ss5 (SOCKS5 Server) and squid (HTTP Server) - they're both capable of using the outgoing IP while specifying the inbound IP route relation.

openssh can't do it? nor there's a indirect workaround to achieve said behavior?

Hopes my issue is relevant/valid to your ML.
Doori Bar