OpenSSH with "resumable" functionality

Jeremy Nickurak jeremy at nickurak.ca
Wed Jun 16 04:09:56 EST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:04, Andreas Gunnarsson <andreas at zzlevo.net> wrote:
>> An alternative would be to add a 'resume' command to ssh's -O option.
>
> Yes, being able to send suspend and resume commands to the master
> process could be useful. That makes it possible to do a controlled
> suspend before switching IP address.

Not helpful when your IP changes without your intervention. :)

The use case I'm thinking of is SSH on a mobile device, say a netbook
or phone, where you're moving ad-hoc between different wired and/or
wireless networks, getting a different IP every time.

I'd suggest that a robust solution should probably work even when the
TCP connection is lost for any reason (with the possible exception of
an explicit close).

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy at nickurak.ca =-