5.4p1 and FIPS 140-2

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Mar 17 04:07:59 EST 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Bryan wrote:

> Alright, I'm not really caring about x509 right now, my original question was
> about FIPS.  Will it make new releases?  Will the patches I found on bugzilla
> build with 5.4p1?

The best way would be to try to apply the patches and attempt compilation.
I can immediately think of any crypto that has changed between 5.3 and 5.4,
so there is a reasonable chance they will work without modification.

Otherwise, I'm sure the developer of the patches will update them to 5.4p1
in the near future.

-d