Help required for Research

Nitin Mohan mohanni at onid.orst.edu
Mon Mar 22 13:06:30 EST 2010

Hi,

I am a graduate student at Oregon State University pursuing my Masters
degree in Computer Science. I am interested in conducting research on
the bug reports in many open source projects. I would like to study how
the projects manage their bug reports and identifying how Bugzilla and
similar bug repository systems could be improved to facilitate this
process. I have a bunch of Perl scripts which parses the XML format of
bug reports from the Bugzilla repository. In order to do this research,
I need access to your bug repository. Instead of downloading your bug
reports through Bugzilla or your web interface, I was hoping you might
instead send me the bug files (in XML format) in a zip file instead if
you have access to these. This will reduce the load on your servers, and
save me a great deal of work. You could use this email address for
sending the zipped bug files. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nitin