specific Host not overriding global Host

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Mar 23 14:52:21 EST 2010

Eitan Adler wrote:
> Damien Miller wrote:
> > I don't think it was ever broken; that code has hardly changed in a decade.
>
> In that case why does it happen with me (on 5.2p1) but not on 5.4?

Just fyi but I just tested this on 5.1p1 and it works okay there.  The
more specific first match overrode the more general match later in the
file.  It seems strange that your version would behave so much
different from other versions of ssh.  In other words, this is hard to
believe actually being a code problem in ssh.

You posted the contents of your personal ssh config file in your
$HOME/.ssh/config.  What do you have in your /etc/ssh/ssh_config file?
Although that should be lower priority.  Do you have any aliases or
script wrappers that might be overriding your options?  If you invoke
ssh with -v it should say what configuration files it is reading.
Maybe that will turn up something interesting.

Bob