Idle Time-out

Seth Ellsworth Seth.Ellsworth at quest.com
Fri May 28 01:24:28 EST 2010

That could be handled by a shell setting ( this is bash ):
       TMOUT  If set to a value greater than zero, TMOUT is treated as the default timeout for the read builtin.  The select command
              terminates if input does not arrive after TMOUT seconds when input is coming  from  a  terminal.   In  an  interactive
              shell,  the  value  is  interpreted as the number of seconds to wait for input after issuing the primary prompt.  Bash
              terminates after waiting for that number of seconds if input does not arrive.

Do not get the nice "This session will log out in 60 seconds due to inactivity" message I've seen, but same end effect ( logged out on timeout ).

---

Seth Ellsworth

Vintela Development

The people and products of Vintela are now a part of Quest Software.

Read the press release to learn more.