openssh PTY allocation

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Aug 6 18:47:07 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 02:26:09PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> FYI here is a diff that installs workarounds for all of the problems
> with ScreenOS that I'm aware of. These are:
>
>   - PTY allocation
>   - scp -- thing
>   - keepalives killing the connection
>   - multiplexing requests killing the connection
>
> Not sure whether I want to commit these.

As a pure user, not speaking for the developers, but having to SSH (and
SCP!) to Netscreens regularily - these look quite reasonable to me, and
I'd like to see something like this in the general code base.

(Otherwise I'm happy that you have provided the patch and will use that
to patch our local ssh installation)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de