openssh PTY allocation

Morty Abzug morty at frakir.org
Tue Aug 9 08:30:17 EST 2011

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 02:26:09PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> FYI here is a diff that installs workarounds for all of the problems
> with ScreenOS that I'm aware of. These are:
>
>   - PTY allocation
>   - scp -- thing
>   - keepalives killing the connection
>   - multiplexing requests killing the connection

Thanks for the patch.  In my testing, it has the following issues:

(1) ssh still doesn't work for some of our devices.  I think this is
because the ttymodes.c portion of your patch has "256" when it should
be "128".

(2) scp didn't actually work to any of my test netscreens for scp
$device:ns_sys_config /tmp.  I tried scp -v $device:ns_sys_config /tmp
to see what the command was.  I got:

debug1: Sending command: scp -v -f -- ns_sys_config

As you can see, "--" is still there.

- Morty