AllowUsers

Philip Berndroth p.berndroth at philuweb.de
Tue Dec 6 06:38:03 EST 2011

Hi guys,

i think, that we have found an issue in the config "sshd_config".

The correct way is, to set AllowUsers in the config like this:

> AllowUsers root at 10.10.10.10 user1 at 20.20.20.20 user2 at 30.30.30.30

In our case, users were separated with a comma. Our hoster has not
followed the correct syntax.
After a reload of the ssh service no error was displayed, and the hoster
thought that configuration was correct.

After a reload with the wrong syntax in config file, the service should
issue an error and should not reload!

Server:
Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
OpenSSH_5.3p1 Debian-3ubuntu7, OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009

regards,
Philip Berndroth

philuweb.software