ssh-agent and IdentityFile

Phil Pennock phil.pennock at globnix.org
Thu Dec 15 11:21:42 EST 2011

On 2011-12-13 at 14:52 -0800, Tony Kay wrote:
> I've noticed that the ssh-agent applies any keys it already has
> passwords for (via ssh-add) first, overriding the ssh config files for
> preferred identity file from .ssh/config and -i. This seems a
> documented behavior.

ssh_config(5):
     IdentitiesOnly
             Specifies that ssh(1) should only use the authentication identity
             files configured in the ssh_config files, even if ssh-agent(1)
             offers more identities.  The argument to this keyword must be
             ``yes'' or ``no''.  This option is intended for situations where
             ssh-agent offers many different identities.  The default is
             ``no''.