Retrieving authorized_keys via remote script

Michael J. Flickinger mjflick at gnu.org
Thu Dec 15 11:23:55 EST 2011

Here's a simple patch which retrieves authorized_keys via exec'ing a
program, rather than reading a flat file.

I added a simple option, AuthorizedKeysExec, to sshd_config which simply
executes the respective file, passing the username as argv[1].
Keys are returned via stdout.

Notes:

If AuthorizedKeysExec is set and an authorized_keys file exists,
checking the existing authorized_keys file takes precedence.

I believe this to be a more simplistic and trivial patch to openssh
opposed to the pre-existing patches, such as the popular LDAP patch
(http://code.google.com/p/openssh-lpk/).

Best,

--
Michael J. Flickinger