Bug: openssh-4.3p2-72.el5_6.3.src.rpm

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Fri Jul 8 14:45:59 EST 2011

Vinay Nagrik wrote:
> I downloaded openssh-4.3p2-72.el5_6.3.src.rpm built the rpm and
> installed it.  However, sshd daemon does not start when the host
> comes up.

This is very unlikely to be an upstream OpenSSH problem.  You would
probably have better luck asking your question on a RHEL/CentOS list.

> When I try to start it manually it says
> *Starting sshd: Auto configuration failed
> 29545 Error: 0E065068 configuration file routine: STR_COPY: variable
> has no value:
> conf_def.c:629: line 233

I am not running RHEL/CentOS but a very quick web search turned up
this reference:

  http://southbrain.com/south/2011/04/centosredhat-56-sshd-problem-8.html

That reads to me to be the same as your reported problem.

Bob