openSSH 5.8p2 BindPort patch

Rory McNamara pink.banana.fish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:00:30 EST 2011

I have discussed the problem with both of my (previous) IT teachers,
and they said it would probably be alright as long as I don't start
doing anything stupid. We can't ask for an exception becuase the rules
are maintained by the council, so it would be a lot more trouble than
it's worth to get ssh unblocked. As well as the fact that the general
attitude is that i shouldn't know what ssh is at this age (15/16)
anyway. Next year, supposedly the IT technician is a lot more friendly
(different site, same school), so i may talk to him about the various
protections and what it would take to get a hole put in. But i can't
do that until september when i go back.