backdoor by authorized_keys2 leftovers

Markus Friedl mfriedl at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:49:07 EST 2011

looks like we've been waiting too long :)

http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-3.0

2) The files
/etc/ssh_known_hosts2
~/.ssh/known_hosts2
~/.ssh/authorized_keys2
 are now obsolete, you can use
/etc/ssh_known_hosts
~/.ssh/known_hosts
~/.ssh/authorized_keys
 For backward compatibility ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 will still used for
 authentication and hostkeys are still read from the known_hosts2.
 However, those deprecated files are considered 'readonly'. Future
 releases are likely not to read these files.