Feature request config entry for `-T'

Eli Barzilay eli at barzilay.org
Fri Apr 6 18:18:09 EST 2012

Hi,

AFAICT, there is no .ssh/config option for disabling pseudo-tty
allocation.  It would be nice to have one.

Context: we're using gitolite in our project, and it sets things up
to run a command with "no-pty".  Every once in a while, users will try
to ssh to the machine to see that things are working, and when they
see the "PTY allocation request failed on channel 0" warning, they
assume that something is broken.  This happens infrequently enough
that there is no way for people to remember the explanation, let alone
remember to add a `-T'.  However, they all have config entries for the
server, so if an option to disable pty allocation in the config would
have resolved this problem.

Thanks,