Call for testing: OpenSSH 6.1

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Aug 28 20:11:52 EST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:35:35AM -0700, Carson Gaspar wrote:
> On 8/25/12 10:37 PM, Darren Tucker wrote:
>
> >I just installed a Solaris 11 x86 VM to test this, and (other than
> >needing to create the privsep user and chroot dir) it worked ok.  Which
> >version of "nc" do you have?
>
> carson:gandalf 0 $ pkg info pkg:/network/netcat
[...]
> FMRI: pkg://solaris/network/netcat@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.0.0.0.2.1:20111019T061508Z
>
> I can try building a different version, if you tell me which of the
> umpteen forks I should try ;-)

Hm, that's what I have and it works for me.  Any version that has -x and
-X as proxy and proxy protocol respectively should work.  You don't have
the original avian.org nc somewhere else in the path?

Unfortunately debugging test failures is a pain.  I usually put a "set
-x" at the start of test-exec.sh and an "exit 0" in the fail() function,
then you can repeat the last failing command with more -v's.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.