AllowTcpForwarding

Harry Davidson seniorgeek at rocketmail.com
Mon Dec 10 02:47:45 EST 2012

Hello,

I have downloaded, built and installed version 6.1p1 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

I want to use

AllowTcpForwarding=remote
AllowTcpForwarding=local

in sshd_config as described in the sshd_config manual page, but these values cause sshd to fail to start with an error objecting to these values.  I have tired

AllowTcpForwarding=yes
AllowTcpForwarding=no

and they are both accepted and work correctly.

I also tried using the local/remote values in a Match section, but that made no difference.

As the manual page for sshd_config says OpenBSD at the top, I guess this is a BSD facility.  Is it likely to be implemented in the portable version?  Or has it already, and I am being thick?

Kind regards

Harry