Call for testing: OpenSSH-6.0

Petr Cerny pcerny at suse.cz
Sat Feb 18 11:39:14 EST 2012

Damien Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Damien Miller wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  OpenSSH 6.0 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
>>  on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release contains a
>>  couple of new features and changes and bug fixes. Testing of the new
>>  sandboxed privilege separation mode (see below) would be particularly
>>  appreciated.
>
> oops, the bit about the sandboxed privsep code is a carryover from the
> previous release and isn't mentioned in the feature list below after all.
> It could still do with some more testing though, as I don't recall seeing
> any reports from users who tried it.

openssh-SNAP-20120213.tar.gz:

testsuite passes on:
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11: x86-64
openSUSE/Factory (reasonably "cutting edge" repository): x86-64
Slackware-current: x86-32

I have also tried to run the testsuite in our automated build
environment (to test several architectures and distributions), but all
failed with at least of the following errors:

1)
test connection multiplexing: status 4
test connection multiplexing: status 5
test connection multiplexing: status 44
Master running (pid=14631)
Exit request sent.
failed connection multiplexing
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1

2)
key option proto 1 from="127.0.0.1" not allowed but should be
key option proto 1 from="127.0.0.0/8"
key option proto 2 from="127.0.0.1"
key option proto 2 from="127.0.0.1" not allowed but should be
key option proto 2 from="127.0.0.0/8"
failed key options
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1

3)
test try ciphers: proto 2 cipher acss at openssh.org mac hmac-sha2-512-96
ok try ciphers
run test yes-head.sh ...
ok yes pipe head
run test login-timeout.sh ...
FATAL: no sshd running on port 4242
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1

I think these problems could be related to some missing system
functionality that is generally not required in the build environment
for building (e.g. it could be a missing or incorectly set up network
interface). The build environment is usually a chroot or a VM (which in
turn may be running in LPAR in the case of S/390, AFAIK). Can you give
me a hint what could be the problem behind these errors?

Thanks
Kind regards
	Petr
--
Petr Cerny
Mozilla/OpenSSH maintainer for SUSE Linux