While using internal sftp server, need to access files outside chroot

Salvador Fandino sfandino at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 20:39:28 EST 2012

On 06/08/2012 12:06 AM, Raghu Udupa wrote:
> Angel,
>
> I do not think I can chroot to that dir( basically it is a queue directory that contains all incoming files from various users queued for subsequent processing). After thinking a little bit more, have a perl daemon to monitor inboxes and move it the common queue dir is the best solution(your 2nd idea). This requires minimal customization on ssh-side and is very clean....

If you are going to use Perl, then consider using the Net::SFTP::Server
module from CPAN. It implements an SFTP server in Perl and can be easily
extended to perform some action after every put action.

See also
https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-SFTP-Server/blob/master/examples/sftp-server-rename-after-put.pl