While using internal sftp server, need to access files outside chroot

Ben Lindstrom mouring at eviladmin.org
Fri Jun 8 08:15:49 EST 2012

The major edge case you need to worry about is the perl deamon moving/copying before sftp is done.  A move to the same partition isn't a problem as sftp still has the file descriptor, but a copy or a move to another partition will result in corrupted data.

The easiest solution if clients are disconnected more often than connected is to skip all active inboxes with sftp sessions associated with them.

- Ben