openssh-unix-dev Digest, Vol 109, Issue 19

Matt Warner matt at warnertechnology.com
Sat May 26 02:01:55 EST 2012

> Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 03:10:03 +0200
> From: Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>
> To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
> Subject: Re: Syslog via UDP for chrooted environments
>
> Matt Warner wrote:
>> I've written code to do this, but wanted to gauge the reaction of
>> the group before I attempt to submit anything.
>
> I'd suggest to submit it upstream, ie. OpenSSH in OpenBSD. I for one
> think there is a point to have it, especially for the chrooted case.
>

> //Peter

Thanks for getting back to me, and apologies for my delay in
responding. You've suggested submitting upstream to OpenBSD, but I'm
even less clear on how to do that than how to submit code to just the
OpenSSH project. Regarding the latter, I don't see an easy way to
submit new code for anyone to review. I think I saw a suggestion to
use CVS or Mercurial to create diffs and then commit back, but I'm
thinking I won't have permissions to check in code.

Is there a doc somewhere that covers submitting code to OpenSSH?

Thanks,

Matt